Over the last few generations, America has become a fast food nation where kids are no longer exposed to simple, healthy cooking. “Kids Can Cook” is not only a show, but an interactive program that introduces kids to how fun and simple it is to create delicious, healthy farm fresh recipes.
with Dianne Linderman...
the “kid magnet”
Dear Great American Entertainment Co...
Went to the WA Evergreen State Fair yesterday and visited your petting zoo. Wow! What an wonderful experience. Best petting zoo ever. Reminded me of when I was a kid when animals and people were actually allowed to be together! So frustrating when we go to fairs and petting zoos and the handlers won't allow you to touch their animals. And it was FREE! Thank you, THANK YOU! The staff was so relaxed yet diligent in cleaning up poop and insuring the well being of both animals and guests. WOW! Kids had fun and I was thrilled to pet wallabies, llamas, fawns, piglets and all the other amazingly well-behaved animals. How do they all get along so well? Whatever the secret is, THANK YOU! I hope you will be back again next year?
Your petting zoo is the best ever. I went to the one in Orange County (Southern CA.). I could have spent the entire day there. Got some excellent pictures.
One genius goat was just waiting by the food dispensing machine. When people put money in, he pushed them out of the way and ate the pellets right out of the machine. A much smaller goat could never reach where the pellets came out so he was standing on top of the hay to get the sympathy vote.
I was especially impressed with the variety of animals. I had never seen where children (and adults) were also allowed to brush them.
I hope you come again every year. I will be there. I will plan it so that I can spend at least 1 hour there. Had a great time. Your animals are clearly well taken care of.
Dr. Patty Boge (veterinarian)
Sample of “Kids Can Cook” Healthy Recipes...
• Absolutely delicious fruit smoothies
• Pizza with whole wheat crust and delicious toppings
• A variety of no-bake, whole grain and gluten-free cookies
• Quesadillas, Quiches and Omelets made with fresh vegetables
• Whole grain Pasta dishes
• Simple Mexican and Japanese dishes
• Seasonal Soups and so much more...
Dianne’s celebrity began 35 years ago when Sunset Magazine discovered the incredible restaurant she and her husband, David, operated on their 6-acre organic farm in Grants Pass, Oregon. At the time, David and Dianne were already the founders of the Great American Entertainment Company™. This now 40-year-old company began with Dianne’s dream to take her love of agriculture and utilize animals to create the finest petting farm in the country where kids could get up close and personal with animals that were beautiful, well-cared for and loved.
However, Dianne’s real love was cooking, so needless to say, the Lindermans opened the door of their restaurant soon after their #1 animal attractions company in the country had a solid route. The Linderman’s love of growing their own food and serving it in their restaurant won them “the best place to eat in Southern Oregon” award and the life-changing article in Sunset Magazine.
Dianne, also warmly known as “the kid magnet,” brings her 40 years of expertise in working with kids to her new show, “Kids Can Cook.”
1. Dianne calls on 6 to 10 kids ages 5 through 18 from the audience. She sets each of them up at a table complete with cooking utensils and ingredients and a “Kids Can Cook” apron.
2. Dianne first instructs on the importance of cleanliness and how to handle food properly, then explains how simple it is to come home from school and create a healthy and delicious masterpiece.
3. Dianne’s healthy, simple and delicious recipes are not only so easy, but they are all made from farm fresh foods. She then asks the kids to choose from the ingredients available to create something of their own. To add to the fun, a few chosen people will be the judges and the winner will receive a prize!
4. The audience learns along with the kids, while Dianne demonstrates some of her healthy and delicious kid and family friendly recipes, making it a complete fun and interactive show.
This concept is not only entertaining, but also very fascinating. Dianne’s brings to the table years of experience, showmanship, a huge love for kids, and the desire to spread the idea that anyone can cook healthy and delicious food.
David and Dianne sold their restaurants 20 years ago at the time Dianne became a nationally-syndicated radio talk show host. Her show, Everything That Matters™ includes an educational and comical, off-the-cuff cooking segment. She soon realized that she just had to bring her incredible recipes to the public and used her fair, rodeo and event industry reputation and connections to bring the most unique, educational and funny cooking show in the entire industry to audiences across the country. Dianne’s desire to teach kids how to cook has become her new quest.
Seeing the need to bring families back to the kitchen table, Celebrity Chef Dianne Linderman, with her adorable 1940 Ford convertible live cooking stage, toured across the country for the past 10 years entertaining and educating audiences at State and County fairs and rodeos.
Kids Can Cook Academy is also available at the Great American Lone Star Ranch in Stephenville, Texas.
For more information and to book this exhibit,
please contact Pamela at 541-512-1100